Saturday, January 17, 2009

LOVE YOUR ENEMY...AND THE SAINTS!


The Soldier proudy told David that he had killed King Saul "the Lord's anointed" and waited for his reward with a smile...But he was judged and lost his life! Read about it in 2 Samuel Chapter 1. This is a solemn warning for us to not destroy, or boast in putting down, God's people. We know Saul had tried repeatedly to destroy David yet David mourned his judgement and death. Too often we as believers gloat in the demise of a saint whom we deem to be "missing God". The more I go on with Jesus the more curved balls I can get from some believers...yet they are people dearly beloved of the Father and for whom Jesus died. We are called to love our enemies, for whom Jesus also died, so how can we bypass the saints! Remember satan's plans are always to destroy and bring division...always.

Of late God has called us to be part of Every Nation Church in Dublin. This is both exciting and daunting. It is the church previously pastored by my dearly missed and departed friend Ray Shiels and I trust that God knows what he is doing placing us here!

In parallel with this I believe God has called me once monthly to take our 7 seater car to various towns around Ireland on the last Saturday of each month to do some street outreach for Jesus. As I write Bray, Drogheda, Dundalk, Limerick, Wicklow, Waterford, Kilkenny, Wexford, Newbridge, Roscrea and Carlow are on the agenda. Plans are in formation and my earnest desire is that they re the plans of our Wonderful Holy Spirit and not Ant!! Let me know your thoughts.

Photo shows Oliver last year in Temple Bar getting the attention of the Law and the Ladies!

No comments: