Saturday, June 30, 2007

Heavy stuff eh? You bet!


John, my friend from Limerick rang this morning and said that following the mowing of an injured Methodist minister's vast lawn he was so wrecked, still in bed, (God's undercover agent) and wouldn't make it to Dublin today to join us in witnessing and preaching on the street, instead he thought he'd go fishing (for souls) on Cruise's Street Limerick. So off I went this afternoon on my own but that didn't last for long as God brought a free P bro to join me momentarily and then I met up with my friend and brother Maurice from Dundalk (remember the shirt!). The streets were packed and numerous witnessing encounters ensued including a time of preaching at Temple Bar Square. God gave me a clear word to preach as follows: We have taken the matchless name of Jesus, the only name by which we are saved and the name of the precious son of God and we have dragged it down to the same level as the word for human excrement, a fourletter "s" word used as a curse! How can we be such idiots to expect this blasphemy to go unnoticed on judgement day. Heavy stuff eh? You bet, but how would you respect a surgeon who knew that you had a fatal disease and failed to mention it for fear of "frightening" you or "offending" you. I publicly declared that I deserved Hell and separation from Holy Creator God but I was forgiven because of the shedding of His Son's pure and sinless blood at calvary. After preaching Maurice shut his eyes and prayed out a public prayer that penetrated the throne room of the Living God...all the way from hedonistic stag and hen party filled Temple Bar...What a moment! A hardened African Muslim, soft spoken but unwavering in his rejection of the new testament engaged us. We showed him old testament scriptures testifying of Jesus (Isaiah 9 and 53) and even though he was willing to receive prayer in Jesus' name for his neck, which our gracious Lord healed, he stubbornly persisted in his rejections. Heartbreaking. Many other encounters today though and last night have encouraged me. Ant
So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void [without producing any effect, useless], but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.Isaiah 55:11 (Amplified Bible)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ant,

I 've just recently been reading about your street evangelism and have been greatly encouraged. I took to the streets a week and a half ago with a team from St.Mark's. It was my first time out and did not know what to expect. We chose Temple Bar Square. The Holy Spirit took care of all fear and nervousness and compassion for the lost set in. Having familiarised ourselves with "The Way of the Master" this was the main route we used, engaging with their consciences through the Law then presenting GOD'S Grace through JESUS. GOD was gracious to us in sending many interested people to us; handed out a few Bibles; no-one committed themselves to Christ but believe we planted seeds; a few visibly looked like they'd been convicted( then they ran off).
Have also been very aware lately over the use of JESUS Name being spoken in vain. I've allowed myself to get angry over it without speaking up and letting people know about their blasphemy. Will pray on this and ask the Holy Spirit's guidance in bringing this up with gentleness and respect.

Look forward to reading your posts.
A sister in Christ,
May.

Unknown said...

Well done May for stepping out for our wonderful Lord. Eternity will reveal the true fruits of your labour. Never Never Never give up!!! I'm sure you were blessed and encouraged and the Lord taught you things you'd never learn without going. Over the last year since I have been geeting out regularly to evangelise I have been so amazed at how GOD HAS BEEN MY TEACHER. Man's concerns are often about getting bums on seats whereas God's I believe is in getting them off! Be blessed and thanks again for your encouragement!! Ant