Sunday, February 15, 2009

VALENTINE'S DAY OUTREACH



My friend Dave Kinsella came to Dublin today and I was glad to join him and some others at North Earl Street to preach and witness for Jesus. We met a young man who had hatred and murder in his heart towards his childhood abuser. My good friend Jimmy helped explain about forgiveness and the fact that it was not an emotion but a decision of the will...and an essential part of our own reconciliation to God. I told him that unforgiveness was like swallowing poison and expecting your enemy to die. By God's grace the man humbled himself, spoke words of forgiveness and asked Jesus then to forgive him and come to be his Lord and saviour. . . What a joy it is to serve our wonderful King! AB

The photo was taken in Temple Bar Square last month..No I'm not busking but worshipping the King. Why you ask? Read Psalm 149 for the answer. I believe that there is gret power in lifting Jesus higher in worship as well as in name with the sign!

No comments: