Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ray meets Jesus, in person.


Time itself will vanish in heaven I believe. We only use time down here because we need a measuring stick for the brief "vapour" before eternity so we can wisely rest, plan and be good stewards of the opportunities and resources God gives us. Jesus was never frantically carrying around a massive list of good works to do. NO. He simply acted in obedience. Clearly that's our call too. I don't know about you but I know for me the challenge is HEAR God. How can a kid obey his parent if he can't hear them!
My dear friend Ray Shiels, pastor of Every Nation Church in Dublin went to be with Jesus this week. He was one who recklessly obeyed God and thereby inspired many. I miss him but rejoice at the thought of him in the presence of Jesus. God bless and surround Caludine, Jack and Sam. Read the tributes on Wolfie's blog at http://wolfinlondon.wordpress.com/2008/10/13/tribute-to-my-hero-friend-ray-shiels/#comment-1200 (cut and paste this url into the browser window)

No comments: