Sunday, October 07, 2007

Every Good Thing



I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ. (Philemon 1:6 (New International Version)). This verse expresses what I've known and experienced since I began a year ago to regularly go on the streets to share my faith. I believe and trust that the many witnessing, worshipping, preaching and prayer moments have been a blessing to some but I also know with great certainty that I too have grown in the knowledge of "every good thing we have in Christ". Regarding the full understanding...aint there yet! That's why this blog has a reply button!

Yesterday we were on George's Street in Dun Laoghaire (all 3 of us) holding high the Name above all names. God was with us. I called over a group of local teens (rough diamonds) who were chatting nearby (about us!) and puled out a million Euro note and offered it to the one who could answer my question "Why did Jesus go to the cross?". After many failed attempts to answer I explained about God's demonstration of His love to us by satisfying His Holy Justice at the cross. I was particularly struck by the yougest and smallest chap saying "Do you mean God really loves me?"

No comments: