Monday, February 09, 2015

No bile for Easter Bunny!

The recent Stephen Fry outburst against God on RTE shows how much atheists hate the One they don't believe in. Seems odd that the easter bunny, or any other fairy tale for that matter,  doesn't attract such bile. It's also interesting how atheists have no problem in believing in Julius Caesar, probably because Caesar makes no demands of them whatsoever.  On the other hand if God exists then their very (self centred) life is an affront to Him.  When I say self centred I am not suggesting that they are not "kind" people who don't help old ladies cross roads etc. but that their entire "raison d'etre" is ..."we ourselves" (translated as Sinn Féin in Irish).  I lived that life so I do know what I'm talking about.  I lived for a divine trinity: me, myself and I.  I was the most important person in my life for the first 23 years of my existence until the day I apologised to my Creator and got down off my high horse of pride. In Fry's outburst he blamed God for the corruption in creation.  This is typical ...reject the One who holds all things together and then blame him for things coming apart.

No comments: