Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Lust for Happiness or Love for God's glory?


I, even I, am He Who blots out and cancels your transgressions, for My own sake, and I will not remember your sins. (Isaiah 43:25 amp). He forgives and gives us new life NOT for our happiness...but...for HIS glory! Let us together wage war on Humanism and all its ugly tentacles which has permeated christendom. Are we guilty of mixing the potent Gospel of Jesus Christ with the nullifying traditions of man in his pursuit of "peace and happiness". Yes God gives this happiness (in HIs time) but if our focus is anything short of His glory are we true servants of God? God is love but if we separate this love from HIs Holiness and Glory than I fear we are not loving but lusting after our own happiness. Remember the difference: lust is self centred while love is other centred.

No comments: