Sunday, January 20, 2008

Africa blesses Ireland


God spoke to a brother in Ghana, Africa to come to Ireland, a country he knew nothing of and today I can testify as I laboured for Jesus with this dear brother that God had again prepared a good work (Ephesians 2:10) when we prayed with a science student from UCD who humbled himself before the King of Kings, asked forgiveness and invited Jesus to lead and guide for the rest of his days.

I dearly love evangelism and learning from Jesus as I go. "You can't trust a book written by men" they say of the BIble very often. My answer is "If God is God surely if He wants to get a message to us He is well able to do so" . All scripture is God breathed...but the traditions of man are not trustworthy, indeed Jesus said "You nullify the word of God for the sake of your traditions!" . I know these truths can be learned in a church or classroom setting but they become more vivid when the Spirit of God whispers them to your ear on the street when you need them.

Photo is of Leonidas my street preaching friend who was with us in Galway a few months ago. He is now back in Burundi. Pray for him that he will get work and that God will bless his evangelism ministry. Ant

No comments: